NARS sheer glow review/first impressions

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Hello everyone, todays post I can't quite believe I'm writing. You may have seen in my last post 'food markets & shopping' I was looking at the NARS counter. Well I went back yesterday and got matched up and bought NARS Sheer Glow, which I still can't get my head around. For todays post I thought I would do a first impression and tell you what I think of this cult favourite foundation in the blogging world.


The packaging is the first thing I'm going to talk about because come on look at it, it beautiful. It is a clear glass bottle with the signature NARS logo wrote on it, and the lid is a matte black one. The only downside which I'm sure your all aware of is the fact it doesn't have a pump, which I need to go and buy which is a little irritating considering the price. The box it comes in is also beautiful and again has the logo and name of the product on the outside and is a lovely sleek black.



NARS claims of what Sheer Glow does;
 "Sheer Glow's silky fluid delivers immediate hydration, even skin tone and leaves the skin brighter and more radiant. Used daily, your skin's texture improves over time, becoming softer, smoother ad more luminous. Sheer Glow foundation provides weightless and buildable coverage, with natural radiant finish."

My first impression of this foundation when I first poured it onto my hand is that it is thicker than I first expected, I expected it to be really liquidy but it wasn't. When applied to the face I buffed it in with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush which is my go to for applying any foundation. The first thing I noticed was the colour was a not pink based but more yellow based which I like. I also noticed that the coverage is amazing, I have been suffering with really bad breakouts recently and it covered them seamlessly without having to conceal my skin. It did cling to some dry patches that I have and I have combination skin but that's mostly due to the acne medication I am on. So although it is recommended for Dry skin types I don't know if I would agree. Its a almost slightly matte finish with a light glow to it, which is really wearable. 


Shade Range;
The shade range is really good, it has a total of 20 shades which range from Light to Dark. I am the shade Fiji which is Light5. Its the 2nd darkest in the light section of the shade range, it fits me pretty well and I think is a good shade to fit me most of the year round.

Overall Thoughts:
I absolutely love this foundation and everything about it, the coverage, finish and colour range. I think it is definitely worth the money.

 
Hope you enjoyed this post!
Kate x

You might also like

2 comments

  1. Hi I nominated you to do the Liebster award, you can find out the details on my post here:
    http://franalibi.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/tags-liebster-award-2.html
    Have good day xx

    franalibi.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love it! Enjoy the week sweetie!

    I invite you to join my international Banggood giveaway!!

    If you want, we can follow each other. Let me know and I'll do the same!
    Algo pasa con Mary | Bloglovin

    ♥‿♥

    ReplyDelete