summer beauty must haves

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Hi everyone so today I am going to be sharing with you my summer makeup must haves. I have recently been into wearing less makeup for the warmer weather as it is a little irritating.
 
A little side note please let me know what you think of this image I've only just read my camera's manual and this is the product of my first play around so please bear with me on the photography front.
 

I obviously wear base makeup like foundation and concealer because I wasn't blessed with perfect even blemish free skin. For that I use my NARS Sheer Glow and Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer, but theres nothing summery about that really.

For the rest of my face I love love love bronzer, I have always been a bronzer girl over a blush girl which doesn't make sense as I have a ridiculous amount of blush but nevermind. Usually when I buy one bronzer I tend to use it until its finished. If you have read my blog for a while (or feel free to have a look through my old posts) you will now how much I loved the MUA Mosaic Bronzers especially the Natural Glow one. But recently I picked up the really hyped up Bourjous Chocolate Bronzer thing (does any one even know what its called because I don't) I really like it because it adds such a lovely glow and I think this will be one that I keep using for ages.

Highlighter is quite a new thing for me, I've always known about it from when I started out in makeup back in 2012 but due to the fact my skin is mostly oily I always stay clear of it, until probably late 2013, but I barely used it then. All last year I used High Beam by Benefit which I love. But This year I have bought so many highlighters MAC Soft and Gentle being one of them. I love it so much its a gorgeous shimmer on the cheeks but you do have to be careful or you can look a bit like a disco ball.

I have always worn eyeliner, as you probably know but I recently have ditched the eyeliner and shown my mascara more love. The mascara in question is Essence Lash Princess which I really like, and I think it will be one of those mascaras which get better with time.  It is a little clumpy which I quite like and really lengthens the lashes which is the main thing I want a mascara to do.

Being avid watchers of ICOVETHEE and HelloOctober I had to pick up some of the Bourjous Rouge Editions due to how much they rave about them. I love them, I love the Velvet in Nude-ist for lasting power, especially when eating and the Aqua Laque in Brun Coyable for everyday wear as it isn't as harsh.
 
Hope you enjoyed!
Kate x

You might also like

2 comments

  1. I love the Bourjois Bronzer but my favorite one at the moment is the Sleek Bronze Block. and your photo looks lovely :) xxxx

    ♡SleepyHeaven♡
    ❀Bloglovin❀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have too have a look at that sounds lovely and thankyou xxxx

      Delete